We love Houston.
We jumped at the opportunity to receive this gift from Modern Map Art
and displayed it proudly in our living space. Modern Map Art has almost every city map you can imagine and some are even available as pillows or cell phone cases! If you can't decide on a particular city, they also have countries as well. Check them out
And since it's been awhile since we've given you our version of Houston, here are our recommendations when in HTX:
- Our go-to. Get a pizza and the spaghetti (yes, spaghetti) and go early.Killen's BBQ
- We've tried many BBQ in our days & this is hands down our favorite. A bit of a drive and you have to line up early. Don't miss the beef ribs + croissant bread pudding.El Tiempo
- A Tex-Mex restaurant that always hits the spot. We usually treat ourselves to an indulgent meal here after a Sunchild pop up. Get the beef fajitas + queso flameado.Tiny's Milk & Cookies
- For the best chocolate chips in town. They're simple but somehow taste like crack. They also make a mean ice cream cone.Common Bond Cafe + Bakery
- Beautiful spot to enjoy coffee + pastries in the Montrose district.Fat Cat Creamery
- If you've ever seen our Instagram @lovesunchild
you've seen many pictures of this place for a reason.
There are so many other restaurant transplants in Houston that we love.
Some are: Ramen Tatsuya
, Shake Shack
- Tout Suite
- The place to see and be seen. Coffee + cupcakes (our favorite is strawberry).Blacksmith
- Really. good. coffee. + a nice hang on the patio when the weather is cooperating.The Commoner
- Downtown is where it's at these days. They play the best music here.Public Services Bar
- Amazing selection of wines + whisky + cocktails. Perfect for a nightcap or chill night out when you actually want to have a conversation.Arlo's Ballroom
- Not a ballroom. Really small dive bar, tons of fog, for that night you just want to dance and be a little crazy.SEE
-The Menil Collection
- Free museum with an amazing collection that changes periodically.James Turrell Skyspace
- One of our favorite places + it's a great photo op.Hermann Park
- A really huge, beautiful park inside the bustling city of Houston.
xo / Sunchild