WEDNESDAY WHIMSY / how to clean brass jewelry
If you've picked up some of our brass jewelry from In God We Trust NYC, here's a quick tutorial on how keep those things brand spanking new.
Although the nature of brass is to tarnish (sometimes we dig this look), almost all of our brass jewelry is solid brass, making it much easier to get it back to its original luster. Sometimes a polishing cloth will do the trick, but if it doesn't, it's probably easier to buy a brass cleaner.
It's super easy & cheap to clean brass jewelry. The whole process literally takes 2 minutes & cost us $2.97:
Before / Worn everyday & hasn't been cleaned in a very long time!
1. Gather supplies / Brass Jewelry, Gloves, 2 cloths (1 for cleaning brass, 1 for wiping clean), Brasso Brass Cleaner ($2.97)
2. Put your gloves on & squeeze a nickel size amount of Brasso Brass Cleaner on your 1st piece of cloth (ours is cut from an old tee)
3. Fold your cloth over and smear the brass cleaner / This will make the cleaner more evenly spread on your cloth
4. Just start rubbing the cleaner on your brass jewelry / You'll see the results almost immediately
5. Rub the brass cleaner over every part of your jewelry you want cleaned / We also like to clean the chains of our Sweet Nothing Necklaces
6. Take your 2nd piece of cloth and wipe off any excess brass cleaner
After / Brand spanking new!
xo / Sunchild